The multidisciplinary treatment team at Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine (TISM) takes pride in their services to support players’ health and safety both on and off the field. The Brain and Body Health Assessment at TISM provides players with facilitated access to comprehensive evaluation and treatment plans. Those plans target and reduce potential health risks, promote overall wellness and determine players' potential health problems.
Each player participating in the Brain and Body Health Assessment at TISM is assigned a care manager who will ensure rapid access to medical care and facilitate communication, and will coordinate prompt care. Following the initial evaluation, the player will receive an individualized treatment plan with resources to access the recommended treatment(s). The player will also be provided follow-up contact after the initial evaluation, along with copies of the evaluation results and treatment plans.
How The Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine Can Assist You:
- VIP/Priority Service
- A Care Manager who will assist the player in navigating through the program
- Musculoskeletal / Rehabilitation Evaluation by a Sports Medicine Physiatrist
- Neurological Evaluation by a Neurologist
- Psychiatrist Evaluations
- Neuropsychological Evaluation to assess how the player's brain functions
- Speech Language Evaluation
- Orthopaedic and Brain Imaging, allowing your doctor to determine whether any abnormalities are present
- Blood work
Other services are available dependent upon the needs of the athlete. Below is a list of other services that may also be provided:
- Cardiology Evaluation
- Urology Evaluation Physical Therapy Evaluation
- Occupational Therapy
- Dietary Consultation with an exercise physiologist and a sports nutritionist
- Transition Counseling
If players wish to include their significant other and/or family members, the TISM team is available to provide education concerning the medical condition(s) that are identified by the evaluations and the treatment(s) that are recommend.