1. Your Acceptance
- These terms and conditions apply to The Trust’s (collectively, the Former Player Benefits Trust constituting a Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association (VEBA) and the Labor-Management Cooperation Committee Trust (LMCC)) (the “Trust”) Website, located at playerstrust.com and its affiliated websites (the “Trust Website”, or “Website(s)”). By using and/or visiting the Website(s) (collectively, including all content and functionality available through the playerstrust.com domain name), you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”), and (2) the Trust’s privacy notice, found at http://playerstrust.com/terms-... and incorporated here by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms or the Trust privacy notice, please do not use the Trust Website(s).
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. The Trust may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
2. The Trust Website(s)
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Trust Website(s), including users who are also contributors of video content, information, and other materials or services on the Website(s).
- The Trust Website(s) may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Trust. The Trust has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, the Trust will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website(s), you expressly relieve the Trust and its subsidiaries from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. General Use of the Website(s)—Permissions and Restrictions
The Trust hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website(s) as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website(s), including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without the Trust’s prior written authorization.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website(s), including but not limited to applications or related technologies.
- You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or Trust Content through any technology or means other than the Website(s) itself or other explicitly authorized means The Trust may designate.
- You agree not to use the Website(s) for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of the Trust. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without the Trust’s express approval:
o sale of access to the Website(s) or its related services on another website;
o use of the Website(s) or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
o the sale of advertising, on the Trust Website(s) or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or Trust Content;
o and any use of the Website(s) or its related services that Trust finds, in its sole discretion, to use the Trust‘s resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for the Trust, Trust Content, or its User Submissions.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website(s) in a manner that sends more request messages to the Trust servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Trust grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website(s) for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. The Trust reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website(s), nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website(s) (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website(s) with respect to their User Submissions.
- In your use of the Website(s), you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- The Trust reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Trust Website(s) at any time.
4. Your Use of Content on the Website(s)
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Trust Website(s).
- The content on the Trust Website(s), except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to the Trust, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website(s) is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. The Trust reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website(s) and the Content.
- You may access User Submissions for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Trust Website(s). You shall not copy or download any User Submission unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by the Trust on the Trust Website(s) for that User Submission.
- User Comments are made available to you for your information and personal use solely as intended through the normal functionality of the Trust Website(s). User Comments are made available “as is”, and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, downloaded, or otherwise exploited in any manner not intended by the normal functionality of the Trust Website(s) or otherwise as prohibited under this Agreement.
- You may access Trust Content, User Submissions and other content only as permitted under this Agreement. The Trust reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Trust Content and the Trust Website(s).
- You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website(s) for any commercial purposes. Modification of any materials displayed on the Website or provided as part of a participant’s participation in The Trust is a violation of The Trust’s copyright and other proprietary rights.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Trust Website(s) or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Trust Website(s) or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Trust Website(s), you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that the Trust is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Trust with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold the Trust, its subsidiaries, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website(s).
5. Your User Submissions and Conduct
- As a Trust Website user you may, at the Trust’s sole discretion, submit video content (“User Videos”) and textual content (“User Comments”). User Videos and User Comments are collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, the Trust does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize the Trust to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website(s) and these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to the Trust, you hereby grant the Trust a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Trust Website(s) and the Trust’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the The Trust’s Website(s) (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Trust Website(s) a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website(s), and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website(s) and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in User Submissions are perpetual and irrevocable.
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Trust all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not, in connection with User Submissions, submit material that contain pornography or sexually explicit content, animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, bomb making, graphic or gratuitous violence, hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity), predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust, that is contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- The Trust does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and the Trust expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. The Trust does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website(s), and the Trust will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. The Trust reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice.
- The Trust reserves the right to decide whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. The Trust may not publish and/or remove such User Submissions without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
6. Ownership of the Website and its Contents
- By participating in the benefits and resources provided through The Trust, you consent to the recording and filming and the use of your likeness and image for the purpose of the filming and photography. You hereby grant The Trust permission to utilize your name, and any photographs, videos and likeness in any related advertising, educational or promotional campaigns as The Trust may deem appropriate from time to time, all without additional compensation to you. This assignment includes the transfer to The Trust of all right, title and interest in any photographs, videos and likenesses captured in connection with your participation in the benefits and resources provided through The Trust.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Website are either the property of, or used with permission by, The Trust. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms of Service or specific permission is otherwise provided by The Trust. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The Trust neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with The Trust.
7. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
o A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
o Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
o Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
o Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
o A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
o A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Trust’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Lydia Zakhari, The Trust, 1133 20th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036, fax: 202-212-6199. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
o Your physical or electronic signature;
o Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
o A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
o Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Trust may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Trust’s sole discretion.
8. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE TRUST WEBSITE(S) SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TRUST, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE(S) AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE TRUST MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE(S), (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE(S), (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE(S) BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE TRUST WEBSITE(S). THE TRUST DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE TRUST WEBSITE(S) OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE(S) OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND THE TRUST WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
9. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TRUST, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE(S), (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE(S), (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE(S) BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE TRUST WEBSITE(S), WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE TRUST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website(s) is controlled and offered by the Trust from its facilities in the United States of America. The Trust makes no representations that the Trust Website(s) is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Trust Website(s) from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Trust, its parent corporation and subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Trust Website(s); (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Trust Website(s).
11. Participation Disclaimer of Warranties and Damages; No Professional Advice
- Information provided to the participant by The Trust is for educational, personal, and/or professional development purposes only and is not meant to take the place of any form of treatment, directive or guidance. Additionally, once referred by your Program Manager, Program Specialist, Program Assistant or other Trust designee, You acknowledge that the medical evaluation is for purposes of assessment only. You will be responsible for payment of any recommended follow-up evaluation and treatment outside of the scope of benefits and resources provided through The Trust.
- You acknowledge and agree that you and your dependents’ participation in the benefits and resources provided through The Trust is completely voluntary. You understand and acknowledge that such participation carries risks of physical and mental injury and other harm to you and your dependents, and that by choosing to participate, your dependents and you accept and take full responsibility for those risks. You further understand, acknowledge and agree that the benefits and resources offered through The Trust are provided not by The Trust but by third parties, and that The Trust is neither responsible nor liable for the quality or consequences of you or your dependents’ use of such benefits or resources, or the actions of such third-party providers.
- You acknowledge and accept that any intended benefits and/or desired outcomes of The Trust benefits and resources cannot be guaranteed, that The Trust does not guarantee that any such benefit or resource will be available to me or any other participant in The Trust and that The Trust may discontinue or modify any benefit or resource at any time. Additionally, you understand The Trust, its personnel, affiliates and Captains are not your agents or representatives in any capacity, legal or otherwise.
- All records of communication between you and your Program Manager, Program Specialist and/or other Trust designee (including but not limited to The Trust affiliates, partners and Captains) will remain confidential; however, you acknowledge that a Program Manager, Program Specialist and/or The Trust may be required by law to disclose confidential information, including, but not limited to, in the following instances: you are a danger to yourself or others; a child under the age of 18 reports, or a Program Manager or Program Specialist reasonably suspects, child abuse (whether physical, emotional or sexual) or neglect; You waive your rights to privilege or give consent to disclosure by your Program Manager or Program Specialist; or to the extent required in order to comply with laws or regulations concerning disclosure.
12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Trust Website(s) is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Trust Website(s). There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Trust without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Trust Website(s) shall be deemed solely based in the District of Columbia; and (ii) the Trust Website(s)shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Trust, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the District of Columbia. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the District of Columbia, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and the Trust that arises in whole or in part from your use of the Trust Website(s) shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in the District of Columbia. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice at https://www.nflpa.com/privacy-policy and any other legal notices published by the Trust on the Website(s), shall constitute the entire agreement between you and the Trust concerning the Trust Website(s). If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and the Trust’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Trust reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Trust Website(s) following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND THE TRUST AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TRUST WEBSITE(S) MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.