Exos' world-class team of experts guide players through the next chapter of their lives. Former players can find the resources to fit their needs through five elite services, including the Breakfast Club, Free Agent Program, Intensive Restoration & Training Program, Physical Therapy, and Remote Coaching Solution.
Exos provides you with everything you need to get back on track with nutrition and fitness.
VIRTUAL, IN-PERSON, OR HYBRID EXOS EXPERIENCES INCLUDE:
- Access to an integrated team of physical therapists, performance specialists, nutritionist, and dietitians
- Customized health and performance assessment
- Personalized strength and conditioning planning
- Online access to a tailored life and fitness roadmap
- Comprehensive nutrition, fitness, and post-NFL health education
Participants receive a customized wellness assessment and action plan to set the stage for successful behaviors that help repair the player and rebuild the person. Participants can access Exos’ network of training facilities to help achieve their mind and body goals.
The Breakfast Club is a six-week program that utilizes Exos’ resources to enhance former players’ lives and create long-lasting positive lifestyle habits. This benefit is available to all former players with two or more credited seasons, regardless of how long they’ve been out of the NFL.
The Breakfast Club strives to recreate the locker room atmosphere by providing former players the opportunity to work out together, with experienced trainers at select Exos and YMCA facilities across the country.
As part of the program, all former players receive:
- Three customized workout sessions per week offered at two different times
- Unlimited physical therapy and one-on-one meetings with a Performance Dietitian
- Breakfast and a post-workout nutritional shake
- Take home equipment, swag, and gear
The Trust and Exos have expanded the Breakfast Club to support virtual engagement for former players who are unable to access in-person sessions. Live virtual Breakfast Club sessions are offered three days a week for six weeks (see schedule below). Live sessions will be recorded and accessible via Exos’ Remote Coaching Platform for on-demand access following each live session. Former players participating virtually will also receive gear and a nutrition package as part of their experience.
2022-2023 Breakfast Club Schedule (in-person and virtual):
|Exos||Phoenix, AZ||22 May - 30 Jun|
|Exos||Denver, Co||10 Jul - 18 Aug|
|Exos||Jacksonville, FL||14 Aug - 22 Sep|
|Exos||Cincinnati, OH||11 Sep - 20 Oct|
|Exos||Atlanta, GA||2 Oct - 10 Nov|
Intensive Restoration & Training Program (In-Person & Virtual)
The Intensive Restoration & Training Program (IRT) is designed to help former players feel and move better. This proactive approach to health and wellness provides the opportunity for former players to enhance their life through training and recovery with Exos’ performance staff.
The IRT program offers membership access to Exos Performance Centers or Powered by Exos facilities in Phoenix, AZ; Frisco, TX; Gulf Breeze, FL; Carlsbad, CA; and the UCLA Health Training Center Powered by Exos. Former players with two or more credited seasons receive access and full Exos membership privileges, allowing them to train alongside their peers, as well as receive a customized meal plan, designed by Exos’ Nutrition Team to fuel their body for a healthy lifestyle. In addition, former players receive workout gear and one performance recovery massage per month.
As part of the program, participants receive:
- A series of evaluations, including:
- Biomechanical movement quality and efficiency
- Movement capacity and cardiovascular fitness
- Functional performance evaluations
- Physical therapy examinations
- Nutrition assessments
- Training and corrective movement sessions
- Performance recovery massage (1 per month)
- One-on-one nutrition consultations
- Individual workout plans
- Customized meals
- Access to Exos Remote Coaching Solution website and app for at home or on the go workouts
Former players who do not reside near one of the Exos physical locations will be eligible for virtual IRT. Each former player will go through a coach consultation to review goals, available equipment and training frequency. Each participant will also go through a virtual nutrition consultation and receive a customized nutrition plan. After the consultations, an Exos Performance Coach will prescribe either engagement in the BridgeAthletic virtual program or on Exos’ Remote Coaching Solution through on-demand classes. All participants will also receive gear and a nutrition package as part of their experience.
Pain Management Program
Former players can receive up to 16 Physical Therapy sessions at Exos-affiliated facilities across the country. These sessions expire at the end of the fiscal year and reset annually. For former players unable to participate in-person, tele-health sessions in approved states may be available.
As part of the benefit, participants receive:
- Full Physical Therapy evaluation
- Skilled Manual Therapy including joint and soft tissue mobilizations and other appropriate modalities
- Corrective exercise plan focused on individual goals
- Individualized one-on-one remote or in-person nutrition consultations with an Exos Registered Dietitian
Exos Remote Coaching Solution
Exos’ digital VIP platform offers robust virtual offerings and experiences to Trust members. Known as the Remote Coaching Solution, Exos will be able to connect and support you no matter where you live. Through the Remote Coaching Solution, you gain access to a continuing growing library of workouts, including, yoga, mindset exercises, recovery sessions, sports performance workouts, Breakfast Clubs, nutrition education, consultations and more.
As part of the benefit, participants receive:
- Six (6) Virtual personal training sessions per Trust fiscal year
- Sport Coaching Program Development: Exos will work with former players to create and design off-season training and practice plans for former players who are sports coaches
- Full access to exos.live (App also available via iTunes and Google App Store)
- Ability to schedule 1-on-1 consultations with Exos Performance Specialist and Exos Performance Dietitian
- Access to Partner Perks - discounts on gear, nutrition products and at home gym build/design
- Livestream & On-demand Classes: strength and cardio workouts, yoga, stretching and more (led by Exos coaches)
Free Agent Program (In-Person & Virtual)
The Trust and Exos continue to support players who are actively seeking to extend their careers in the National Football League (NFL) by offering a fully integrated system to support all aspects of peak performance training through the Free Agent Program (FAP). Eligible FAP Participants may utilize this in-person or virtual program until they receive their severance, at which time they are no longer allowed to participate.
Participation requirements include:
- Not currently active on an NFL roster
- Must have been on an NFL roster within the last two (2) years
- A minimum of two (2) credited seasons in the NFL
Current free agents that do not live near one of the Exos physical locations will be eligible for the Virtual Free Agent Program. Each free agent will go through a coach consultation to review goals, available equipment and training frequency. After the consultation the Exos Performance Coach will build a customized training program through BridgeAthletic. This App will allow free agents to track their progress and stay in constant communication with their Exos coach. Players will go through a virtual nutrition consultation and receive a customized nutrition plan.
The Trust is a benefit that you earned. Get started to access your benefit.