According to a recent Rasmussen poll, majority of Americans report eating out at least once per week. What is the best way to navigate restaurant menus and still make healthy choices?
Here are some top tips on how to make your next restaurant visit a success:
• As a beverage choice, order water or unsweetened tea.
• Order a salad to begin your meal. Ask for salad dressing on the side. Use sparingly.
• Order a meal with a substantial amount of vegetables on the side or meals that already include vegetables such as stir fries, shish kabobs, or pasta with tomato and vegetable sauces.
• Avoid all-you-can-eat buffets.
• Avoid creamy sauces or gravies.
• Choose fruits for desserts.
Know before you go, take a look online at the restaurants you frequent most. Many restaurants now offer their nutritional information on the web. Choose dishes that contain less than 10 percent of the daily value of saturated fat (bonus points if it also contains three grams of fiber or more). For help, download a calorie counting app on your smart phone. A couple good free apps are Calorie King and My Fitness Pal, which help you make smart choices before temptation sets in.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EXOS' LIFESTYLE SERVICES BY CONTACTING YOUR PROGRAM MANAGER TODAY.
DON'T HAVE A PROGRAM MANAGER? GET ENROLLED IN THE TRUST BY CALLING 866.725.0063 OR E-MAILING US AT INFO@PLAYERSTRUST.COM.