Since 2001, the Center for the Study of Retired Athletes (CSRA) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, in collaboration with the NFLPA, has been investigating the spectrum of physical and mental challenges these former athletes face, and has provided medical care to former athletes as part of a clinical research protocol.
The Brain and Body Program offered by the CSRA in collaboration with UNC’s Departments of Neurology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provides former athletes with a comprehensive evaluation of their cognitive and physical functioning at UNC’s state of the art Imaging and Spine Center and Center for Rehabilitation Care located just outside UNC’s Campus. Through participation in this program we hope to improve the quality of life for former athletes so they may fully appreciate life after sports.
How The University of North Carolina Brain and Body Program Can Assist You:
- Initial Screening and Medical History
- Evaluation with a Sports Medicine Physiatrist
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Evaluation with a Cognitive Neurologist
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Body Composition/Dietary Consultation
- Life Skills Coach/Transition Counseling
- Program Evaluation
- Post Day of Care Follow-Up